Magellan Complete Care of Virginia Specialty Pharmacy Program
Magellan Complete Care of Virginia (MCC of VA) is committed to providing you and your patients with access to quality services and cost-effective prescription drugs. Effective May 1, 2019, Magellan Rx Pharmacy, LLC through their Magellan Rx Specialty division, will provide specialty pharmacy services to your patients.
What this means to you and your patients
Effective May 1, 2019, prescription drug requests for specialty medications for MCC of VA members need to be submitted to Magellan Rx Pharmacy for fulfillment. Your patient may call Magellan Rx Specialty Pharmacy at 866-554-2673 to discuss opting out of this program and have his or her current specialty pharmacy continue to provide the medication.
Our current Prior Authorization (PA) process will stay the same. Patients with an existing authorization will not need to request a new PA until the current authorization has expired.
Services and programs to help patients stay on your treatment plan
With Magellan Rx, your patients have access to the following specialty services:
- Insurance specialists to help get the most out of benefits
- Coordination of medication, including delivery to your office or patient’s home
- Important supplies at no additional cost, such as syringes and needles
- Highly trained pharmacists and nurses available toll-free to answer any questions
- Online member portal to request refills and learn more
- Access to community resources
To submit a prescription, or if you have questions, please contact Magellan Rx Pharmacy at 866-554-2673.