Site maintenance scheduled Sunday, April 21, 2019, 6 a.m.-12 noon (Central): During this time, Provider Search may be unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Why choose MCC?
Why choose MCC?
Why choose MCC of VA as your Medallion 4.0 health plan?
At MCC of VA, you and your needs come first in everything we do. We’re here to help you live a vibrant and healthy life. With our exclusive Integrated Health NeighborhoodSM model, you are at the center of your own “neighborhood” as we connect you to local services and resources specifically chosen to benefit you the most.
We want to help you stay healthy and active. Our support teams will work with you to identify potential health risks and help you address them through diet, exercise or other means that work for you.
We also offer a wide range of enhanced benefits.
Are you expecting a baby?
For all women of childbearing age, we offer a Mother-Baby Connections program to guide you through early prenatal care and what to do if you think you may be pregnant. Expectant mothers will receive timely text messages with health tips specific to each stage of pregnancy. They’ll tell you what to expect during your pregnancy, how to spot problems and how to prepare for delivery and parenthood.
Whether you’re a first-time mom or already have other children, you might have questions or concerns in between doctor visits or after your baby is born. We offer education and support throughout your pregnancy and the first year of your newborn’s life to help you and your child be as healthy as possible.
Through our CenteringPregnancy program, we offer a supportive environment for pregnant women to promote engagement, personal empowerment and community-building. Pregnant members meet with your care provider and up to 12 other participants at regularly scheduled visits over the course of your care.
You’ll also get extra benefits, such as:
- Apps and other digital resources that offer pregnancy information, at your fingertips
- Gift card incentives for engaging in all recommended prenatal and postpartum services
- Cribs, swaddlers and sleep boxes to help reduce Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
Just for the kids
We understand how important it is for you, as a parent or caregiver, to see your children develop into healthy young adults. To help them succeed on the path to adulthood, MCC of VA provides added benefits for children in financially eligible families, in the foster care or adoptive assistance program, and children on the autism spectrum.
For children in financially eligible families, we offer:
- Gift card incentives for maintaining a healthy weight
- A “My Healthy Neighborhood” toolbox, for children in participating schools, with information on where healthy foods are available nearby, and locations of parks and community activities to help kids stay active and healthy
For children in the foster care or adoptive assistance program, MCC of VA provides:
- Peer support from others who have been through foster care
- A Transitions of Care program, which supports foster children entering adulthood in securing food and housing, and identifying and addressing potential challenges along the way
- A personal backpack for belongings, which may be packed with health education tip sheets, school supplies, an oral hygiene kit, journal, and drawing supplies
MCC of VA also offers The Health Resilience IncentiVE (THRIVE) program for children and youth with a moderate disorder on the autism spectrum. THRIVE provides up to $1,500 toward non-traditional goods and services that the child and family can select to support the child’s resiliency goals. These may include therapeutic games or classes, educational or fitness equipment, and other approved items and services.
All children enrolled with us who are ages 6-18 also receive standard membership benefits in your local Boys and Girls Club.