Coming in 2018: Medallion 4.0 (Medicaid/FAMIS)
Coming in 2018: Medallion 4.0 (Medicaid/FAMIS)
Welcome to Magellan Complete Care of Virginia!
Magellan Complete Care of Virginia (MCC of VA) is a person-centered, community-focused, evidence-based health plan. We’re currently serving members of the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS)’ Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC Plus) program and are proud to have been chosen as a health plan for Virginia’s Medallion 4.0 program launching August 1, 2018.
Why choose MCC of VA as your Medallion 4.0 health plan?
At MCC of VA, you and your needs come first in everything we do. We’re here to help you live a vibrant and healthy life. With our exclusive Integrated Health NeighborhoodSM model, you are at the center of your own “neighborhood” as we connect you to local services and resources specifically chosen to benefit you the most.
We want to help you stay healthy and active. Our support teams will work with you to identify potential health risks and help you address them through diet, exercise or other means that work for you.
We offer a wide range of enhanced benefits:
- Smart phones for health reminders and text messages, with extra minutes
- Dental services for adults, up to $1500 in routine and preventive coverage
- Eyewear allowance, up to $150 every two years
- Assistance finding work, housing, food assistance and more through MCC of VA team members or online tools
- CLICKOTINE® for help to quit smoking or tobacco through personalized plans and messaging, telephonic and web-based proactive coaching and support
- Home-delivered meals after an inpatient hospital stay
- Gift card incentives for engaging in healthy behaviors, such as losing weight or quitting smoking
- And much more
Are you expecting a baby?
We understand that as an expectant mother, your primary concern is the health and welfare of your baby. That’s why we offer a wide range of benefits to educate and support you throughout your pregnancy, continuing through the first year of your newborn’s life.
We offer all women of childbearing age a “Mother-Baby Connections” program to teach you about early prenatal care and what to do if you think you may be pregnant.
While you are pregnant, you’ll get health tips specific to each stage of your pregnancy from us through timely text messages. They’ll tell you what to expect during your pregnancy, how to spot problems and how to prepare for delivery and parenthood.
We also offer the following extra benefits:
- Apps and other digital resources that offer pregnancy information, at your fingertips
- Gift card incentives for participating in all prenatal and postpartum services
- Cribs, swaddlers and sleep boxes to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Clothing, blankets and diapers up to the first six weeks of your baby’s life
- A postpartum home visit, at a time convenient for you, to provide education and support for every new mom
Just for the kids
We understand how important it is for you, as a parent or caregiver, to see your children develop into healthy young adults. To help them flourish on the path to adulthood, MCC of VA provides added benefits for children in financially eligible families, in the foster care or adoptive assistance program, and children on the autism spectrum.
For children in financially eligible families, we offer:
- Gift card incentives for maintaining a healthy weight.
- A “My Healthy Neighborhood” toolbox, for children in participating schools. This will include information on where healthy foods are available nearby. It will also show the locations of parks and community activities to help kids stay active and healthy.
- Access to food over the weekend through our partnership with Head Start and the Dryden Food Pantry in the Southwest region.
For children in the foster care or adoptive assistance program, MCC of VA provides:
- Peer support from others who have been through foster care.
- A Transitions of Care program, which supports foster children entering adulthood in securing food and housing.
- A personal backpack for belongings, which may contain health education tip sheets, school supplies, an oral hygiene kit, journal, and drawing supplies.
MCC of VA also offers the Health Resilience IncentiVE (THRIVE) program for children and youth with a moderate disorder on the autism spectrum. THRIVE provides up to $1,500 toward non-traditional goods and services that the child and family can select to support the child’s resiliency goals, such as therapeutic games or classes, educational or fitness equipment, and other approved items and services. All children enrolled with us who are ages 6-18 also receive standard membership benefits in your local Boys and Girls Club.
Enroll with us!
To become a Medallion 4.0 MCC of VA member, enroll online at www.virginiamanagedcare.com or by phone at 1-800-643-2273 (TTY 1-800-817-6608) Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Learn more about Medallion 4.0
To learn more about Medallion 4.0, please visit the DMAS website.